• Born: May 14, 1962, Johnson City, Tennessee
• Home Place: Watauga, Tennessee Musician (banjo, guitar, mandolin, bass), Singer, Songwriter, Producer, Publisher
• Performing Professionally Since Age 10/December 1972
•Mike enjoys spending time with his wife Brenda & theirfamily, Attending Church and having Fellowship jams & gatherings at our home (The Grand Inheritance (circa 1790), Hunting, Fishing, Custom Wood working, & Historical Restoration
• Mike Scott (Feb 2000- Present)…Bluegrass, Country, & Gospel Family Entertainment
• Ronnie Reno & The Reno Tradition (Oct 2001- Present)
•Danny Davis & The Nashville Brass (regular guest appearances, 1998-2004)
• Mike Scott & The All-American Band (Feb 1986 – Feb 2000)
• Jim & Jesse and The Virginia Boys (Feb 1983 – Jan 1986)
• Carl Story & The Rambling Mountaineers (Nov 1980 – Jan 1983)
• The Cumberland Mountain Boys (1978 – 1979)
• The Tennessee Bluegrass Four (1974 – 1977)
• The Rocky Mountain Boys (1972 – 1973)
• Extensive Tours throughout U.S., Canada, Europe, including the Wembley tours (England, Ireland, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden), South Africa (Zambia, Lesotho, Malawi)
• Tours to Israel in 2007 & 2008
.Mike tours for eight days with his band in Israel May 2nd-8th, 2012 as headliner for the Jacob’s Ladder Music Festival. Mike represented The US as being the only band there to tour The Holy City and perform at the largest Middle Eastern Music Festival through out the region.
Television & Radio
• Frequent featured artist appearences on Reno’s Old Time Music Festival (Into over 45 million households) on BlueHighways TV & RFD TV network as part of Ronnie Reno & The Reno Tradition.
• Since 1983 when Mike moved to Nashville, Mike has performed more than four hundred fifty appearances (450) on The Grand Ole Opry
.TV appearances on “Grand Ole Opry Live” including the “Grand Ole Opry 60th Anniversary Tribute to the Grand Ole Opry” (CBS TV, Jan 1986). 18ft photo mural of entire cast, including Mike, of this show is on display in Country Music Hall Of Fame.
• Nashville Now (with Ralph Emery), The Nashville Network
• New Country, The Nashville Network
• Fire On The Mountain, The Nashville Network
• Austin City Limits (PBS TV) The Legends Of Bluegrass (featuring Bill Monroe, Jim & Jesse and The Virginia Boys, Ralph Stanley and The Clinch Mountain Boys and Mac Wiseman) More than six (6) performances on Austin City Limits
• The Cas Walker Show, WNOX, Knoxville, Tn
• British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) TV in Europe & South Africa
• Voice Of America (worldwide radio), Washington, D.C.
.Mike guest artist on David Frizzell’s RFD Television Show…”Frizzell & Friends” on RFD TV. Produced 2/15/12… Scheduled viewing dates on RFD TV: March 29th, 2012 & June 8th, 2012
.Rural Rhythm Records presents: “Behind the Dream” …with host Mike Scott on his New TV Show….First episode airs on “Blue Highways TV”…Thursday, May 24 at 7:30 pm CST
• The General Jackson Show Boat
• Fan Fair, Nashville, TN
• Country Music Hall Of Fame
• Great American Music Hall, San Fransisco
• Ernest Tubb Record Shop
• WWVA Jamboree, Wheeling, WV
• Grand Ole Opry, Early Bird Bluegrass Show
• 1982 World’s Fair, Knoxville, TN
• Renfro Valley Barndance, KY
• A.P. Carter Family Fold, Hiltons, VA
• The Birchmere, Alexandria, VA
• The World Famous Station Inn, Nashville, TN
• The Gibson Bluegrass Showcase, Nashville, TN
• First band to receive a full lifetime sponsorship from Gibson Instruments, USA, in 1986. Mike continues to endorse Gibson banjos, guitars, mandolins and strings today.
• Acoustic band of the year, Metro Music Awards, Nashville, Tennessee (Jun 1990)
• International Who’s Who In Music, Volume 2, – Popular Music, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England (Oct 1996)
• ”Since I Laid My Burdens Down” from the album, TAKE ME LORD AND USE ME is Mike’s first #1 on Powergrass Radio’s Top 10 Song chart for July & August 2011, two months in a row.
. “Jesus I’ll Never Forget” from the album, TAKE ME LORD AND USE ME is Mike’s second #1 on Powergrass Radio’s Top 10 Song chart for March, 2012.
Memberships & Organizations
• American Federation Of Musicians (AFofM), since 1980
• International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA), since 1987
• Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) Affiliated writer & publisher
• Performance & Session Guide Magazine – Top Nashville listing of professional musicians, since 1996
• Mike was an accepted member in the “Nashville Music Pros” in Jan 2010.
.Mike is a member of CMA ”Country Music Association” NARIS
.Mike is a member of GMA ”Gospel Music Association”